It does all the work while you sleep.
Hello perfect breakfast to keep you going throughout the day. Oats are great for gut health and pears are suitable for those with sensitive stomachs, so this good hearty meal will not only look Instagram-worthy, but will make you feel oh-so-good on the inside, too.
- 1kg rolled oats
- 500mL apple juice
- Stevia to taste
- 250g coconut yoghurt
- 500mL almond milk
- 4 pears
- 1g saffron
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2-3 star anise
- Zest from one orange
- Soak oats with apple juice for at least one hour so juice is well absorbed.
- Add coconut yogurt, almond milk and sugar to the soaked oats and stir through.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Peel pears, but make sure you keep stalk in tack.
- Place in a pear in a pot and add rest of ingredients except saffron.
- Bring the water to the boil and add saffron to the centre of the pot. Turn to a simmer and place a disc of baking paper to keep the heat in. Continue to slowly cook the pear until soft. Check for softness and colour should take about an hour.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer pears and allow to cool.
Serve soaked muesli in a bowl, topped with a saffron pear and finish with puffed quinoa.