It’s gluten, dairy and sugar-free, too.
Holy mother of raw cakes. This recipe is so good – your mum will be hitting you up for it, stat.
Making a cheesecake out of nuts is downright genius (thank you vegan friends), but it’s the blueberries that really sweeten the deal.
They may be small, but man, does this fruit pack a punch of vitamins and minerals. In fact, just a handful of the tiny blue treasures can deliver an abundance of health benefits such as defending against diabetes and cancer, boosting brain power, enhancing your vision, fighting against post-natal depression, and can even help slow down your ageing process.
Bonus: they’ll satisfy your sweet tooth, too.
Raw Blueberry and Cashew Coconut Cake
- 3 cups (465g) cashews
- 1/4 cup (40g) cashews
- 1 2/3 cup (165g) walnuts
- 1/4 cup (25g) pecans
- 1 1/4 cup (200g) pitted Mejool dates
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup 60ml agave
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (60g) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon buckinis
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- edible flowers for decorating
- Place the 450g cashews into a small bowl and cover with water. In a separate bowl repeat the same step with the 40g portion of cashews. Set aside for 1 hour.
- For the base place the walnuts and pecans into a food processor blending for 2 minutes or until fine. Add the dates and melted coconut oil and blend again for 30 seconds until incorporated.
- Place mixture into a 22cm non-stick cake tin. Push the base in firmly with your fingertips and place in fridge for half hour to set.
- For the white layer pour the 450g cashews, soaked water, agave and coconut oil into a high- speed blender. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Remove cake tin from the fridge and pour in mixture. Place into the freezer for 1 hour.
- For the purple layer pour the 35g cashews, soaked water, blueberries, coconut oil and coconut flour into a food processor. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Remove pan from the fridge and pour the purple mixture into cake tin.
- Top with blueberries and lemon zest and place into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and decorate with buckinis, pomegranate seeds and edible flowers.
- Slice and serve.
Make your morning more fun and upbeat with this delicious breakfast treat. Yay, that rhymes! Anyway, here’s how to make Blueberry Pancake Bites What You’ll Need: 1 cup Flour 1 tsp Baking powder 2 tsp Sugar 1 beaten Egg 1/2 tsp Vanilla 1/2 cup Milk 2 tbsp Melted butter 40 (about 1/2 cup) Blueberries Steps: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Spray donut hole pan with nonstick spray Whisk flour, baking powder and sugar together Stir egg, vanilla, milk and butter together Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients Fill each hole 2/3 full and press 2 blueberries in each cavity Bake for 12 minutes, then flip each hole and bake another 3 minutes Serve with syrup, glaze or dusted in powdered sugar, if desired